Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Under a Chilly Landover Sky

It was 22 years ago today ... well close enough ... when I first saw U2 perform at RFK Stadium during the Joshua Tree tour. And Joshua Tree is right up there with Sgt. Pepper's and Pet Sounds as one of the best albums of all time. In fact, I think it may have been the first CD I ever purchased.

U2, by far, is the pop and rock band of my generation. A generation growing up with MTV -- one of the first videos I remember seeing was New Year's Day. And as one of the 80,000 plus fans at Fedex Field last night, I was fortunate enough to see them play that old school song. Words cannot describe how great that show was last night. A great mix of the new album and their last several albums with some early to mid-80's songs thrown in, including the gut-wrenching Sunday Bloody Sunday, which I first heard on the live Under a Blood Red Sky album way back when -- the album (yes album and not CD) that first introduced me to the band.

U2, great show last night. Come back any time you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment